Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

Costume Cabbie: 80's Mall Goth Prom Queen

After an admittedly way too long hiatus, Costume Cabbie is back, but who knows for how long? I don't.

Today's Costume Cabbie episode was brought to you by my new vintage dress from Held Over. Its price tag said "80's Mall Prom Goth" and then the price. It had to be mine.

While waiting in line at the airport, I called my favorite cab driver.

"So what's going on?" he asked for the third time after I had already answered the question in two different ways.

"I'm wearing a costume today."

"A costume?"

"Yes."

"What kind of costume?"

"A black one--"

"Why?"

"Because it's fun."

"Why do you wear costumes?"

"Entertainment."

"To entertain who?"

"To entertain myself and to entertain my customers."

"I think it's time you got more serious."

"What?"

"I think you need to get more serious."

"What?"

"I don't think you take your job seriously enough."

"You don't think I take my job seriously enough?"

"No."

"Huh."

4 Comments:

At 11/09/2007 02:16:00 AM, Blogger DBA Dude said...

Woo Hoo, the return of Costume Cabbie!

I think that CC must brighten up your passengers day for them.

 
At 11/10/2007 03:27:00 PM, Blogger avantard said...

Whatever. I like your costumes. My secret wish is that one day while I wander the FinDist at lunch I will see a female cabbie in costume pass by and I will know it is you. Keep it up!

 
At 11/13/2007 12:45:00 PM, Blogger g_nem said...

vera,

if you read this, I'm wondering if there is a way I can get in touch with you. I am doing some work for a travel-based web startup and would love to use your taxi services for a piece we are doing about SF. My email: ginanem@Hotmail.com

Thanks!

 
At 11/20/2007 09:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wear costumes for no reason!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home