Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

Blue? How about green?

"Is Green Cab a new company?" the lady that had called from Fulton and Divisadero asked.

"Yes." She was distracted by the dog she was leaving behind; that's why I kept my answer short.

"How cool," she said when her attention had returned.

"How did you find out about us?"

"Well, I wasn't going to call Yellow."

"Uh-huh."

"I mean, they are big but they are rude."

"Uh-huh."

"To be honest, I was going to call the one with the blue and white cars."

"DeSoto!"

"Yes. But I didn't remember their name. So I called 411. And I said to the operator 'I was going to ask for the blue cab company, but just get me any cab company.' And the operator said 'Any cab company?' And I said 'Yes', and he said 'Well, blue.. How about green?' And I said 'Sure', so he called the green cab company for me."

"Wow," I suddenly had a huge smile on my face, "that is so cool!"

That 411 operator sounds like a cool, green person. We need more people like him around.

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2007 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

And that 4-1-1 operator probably wasn't even in California, let alone the "Bay Area".

 
At 9/18/2007 05:45:00 AM, Blogger Carly Janine Gutierrez said...

Yaaay a new Vera post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home