Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

What I got for my anniversary

This week was my one year anniversary of being a taxi driver. This is what I got for it:

- A new shift that starts and ends half an hour later. That way I can sleep half an hour later in the morning or make money for a half hour longer. Either way, that half hour will come in handy.
- A call on my cell phone after my shift ended on Wednesday.

"Hi. I was wondering if you're driving right now?"

"No, my shift just ended."

"Ah, too bad. You gave my friend a ride this morning and gave him your card, and he said that you're an awesome cab driver. Maybe I'll call you next time I need a cab."

"Awesome."

His friend and I that morning had had a conversation about road trips.

1 Comments:

At 4/13/2007 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Nadia said...

Happy Anni, Vera!

Keep driving until I visit San Fran and get to ride with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home