Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

Arrangements

I have been giving out my business card, and sometimes people call me directly now.

One time I took a blind man and his blind friend to the train station. They seemed to get good vibes from me because they both recorded my phone number into their phones. The next day the blind man called me to have me take him and another blind friend of his to Alameda. All the way to Alameda! Including the tip, that was a $60 fare.

One Monday I took a very nice English man to the airport early in the morning. We chatted all the way to the airport, and I found out that he commutes to Los Angeles and back every week for work. I told him that, if he likes, he can call me on Sunday evenings so that I can take him to the airport on Monday mornings. He has been calling me every Sunday evening for the last six or so weeks! I now have a regular Monday morning airport fare.

Arrangements are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home