Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

How we come together

I recently picked up a man at the international terminal at SFO. After a little banter, he asked

"Where are you from?"

"Germany."

He took a deep breath and said "Do you have a friend named Susan?"

"Susan? Yes. A cab driver, right?"

"Yes. She has given me your phone number three times. Your number is in my phone. She told me to call you on days she doesn't drive. She said you were a German girl."

"And why haven't you called?"

"Because I didn't know you. But now I do. Next time I will call you."


Yesterday I picked up a girl at a bus stop on Union and Webster. "Green cab," she squealed before kissing her boyfriend good-bye and sliding onto the backseat. She was going to SFO. She looked just like Lindsay Lohan.

She told me that she and her boyfriend both lived in LA but that he sometimes came up to San Francisco for business. She said she loved San Francisco. I told her that I did too.

She told me that her boyfriend owns a company that makes a green liquor.

I took a deep breath and said "What is it called?"

"Veev."

"Oh my god, I think I have met your boyfriend before. Ask him if he has ever been to Elixir."

I told her that a few months ago I and several other green cabbies had gone to a green happy hour at Elixir, and that a representative of Veev had been there, giving us samples of the liquor.

"Yeah, I'm sure that was him", she said.

3 Comments:

At 3/03/2008 04:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you don't update anymore? :(

Hope you're OK...

 
At 3/03/2008 06:29:00 PM, Blogger Vera said...

I was on vacation for two weeks, and now I'm sick.. Updates will come in due time. :)

 
At 3/04/2008 01:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that's ok, then. get well soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home