Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

A green possibility


What kind of taxi is this?
Originally uploaded by Verabug.


That's what I wanted to know when I saw this. I walked all around it to see if it had any company information on it, but it didn't. As I was ready to go on my way, a guy with a ponytail got out of the car parked two cars behind this one. He pointed at the plain white taxi and said "That's the first green cab." He told me that he was starting a company called Green Cab which uses nothing but hybrid cars. He said that this was the first car and and that it was being painted the next day and that they were soon getting more. He gave me his card, and I called him on Saturday, hoping to become a green cab driver.

3 Comments:

At 4/25/2007 04:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw one. Think it said Metro Taxi

 
At 4/27/2007 08:51:00 AM, Blogger willotoons said...

yes! I heard about these - so exciting! I hope you get to drive for them, too!

 
At 5/01/2007 06:29:00 PM, Blogger NYC taxi photo said...

wow thats great news there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home