Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

The first SF girl cabbie convention

Yesterday I met up with my friend Susan. A few months ago she had asked me all kinds of questions about my taxi driving. She had said "I think I want to do that too. It sounds like fun." She has now been driving for Luxor for a few weeks. So yesterday we got together to share some of our experiences. Overheard in our conversation were things like

"I had my first crackhead the other day."

"Do you ever get weird guys hitting on you?"

"The more hung-over I am, the more tips I get."

"I love the flexibility and freedom you have as a cab driver."

"We should take a break together while we're both driving this Saturday."

It was a fun little convention, and I'm sure we'll have another one soon. We're also talking about doing a zine. And opening our own girly pink taxi company. I'm so happy that there is another cool* young girl cab driver out there, and that she loves it as much as I do.

*Yes, I am presuming that Susan and I are both cool. Because we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home