Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

Cabbie crush

So I have a huge crush on another DeSoto cab driver. I never thought this would happen. I have seen the other drivers, and while I have become friends with quite a few of them, I had never really seen one that is my type. The most likely candidate for me to develop a crush on turned out to feel more like a friend.

The guy I have a crush on is not my type at all. But when I was talking to him at the airport last week, I noticed that he has a really nice smile. And every time I have seen him after that, my heart has been pounding like crazy, and I felt other very interesting things in my body, and suddenly I can't get my mind off of him. It's a full on bodily crush.

Last year I came up with this fantasy. I made up a person in my head who lives in San Francisco and who has a crush on me and who knows that I'm a cab driver and who, every time he sees the blue DeSoto colors zoom by, turns around to see if it's me. My fantasy included a full scene where this person sees a blue DeSoto cab in the reflection of a store window and quickly turns around to look for his beloved, much like Pee Wee Herman in the movie Pee Wee's Big Adventure turns around when he sees the reflection of a bike because he thinks it might be his beloved bike that has been lost.

And now I am that person. I am the person from my fantasy who turns her head every time she sees a blue DeSoto cab to see if it's my crush. Sometimes I even turn my head for a mere reflection, and then sometimes I have to realize that it was my own reflection. I do, after all, drive a blue DeSoto cab too.

1 Comments:

At 6/01/2007 11:51:00 PM, Blogger Nadia said...

Aaaaaw! That's so cute! You have to give us the whole scoop as it unfolds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home