Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

The cosmetic dentist

I was dropping off a very chatty woman at California and Fillmore. This guy with a big bag waved at me. The woman got out of the car and said to him "I don't have time to chat right now." I'm not sure what that was all about.

I got out of the car and opened the trunk for the guy's big bag. He was wearing a badge with his name and the word DENTIST below it. I said

"Are you in town for the big dental convention?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, I heard about that one. So are you leaving already?"

"No no."

I was a little disappointed that he wasn't going to the airport. He was going to a hotel on New Montgomery and Market. I closed the trunk and we both got in the cab.

"So you're a dentist?"

"Yep."

"Do you have a specialty?"

"Yeah, I'm a cosmetic dentist."

"Ah. So do you work on famous people?"

"Yeah, some. I did Miss California's smile. I also did Miss World's smile."

"Really. Wow."

"Yeah, and a few others."

"Do you live in LA?"

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Hahaha."

"I also donate some of my work. I donate smiles to battered women. I also donate smiles to kids whose teeth are all messed up from methamphetamine."

"So you work on them for free?"

"Yeah."

"That's awesome."

He told me that he is very anti-meth. He is a member of some kind of organization that fights meth addiction. It seems to be a cause that means a lot to him.

He told me he has two kids, 11 and 8. When he smiled, I could see that he had very nice teeth. I wondered if he had worked on his own smile.

3 Comments:

At 12/12/2011 02:55:00 AM, Blogger Cosmetic Dentist Lakewood said...

Cosmetic Dentistry is changing the lives of millions of people by giving them the confidence and image to excel in every aspect of their life. With cosmetic dentistry today, we can completely restore a smile on a person's face that has not been able to smile in over 20 years. We can whiten yellow and stained teeth to look sparkling white. We can straighten crooked teeth that can hinder a person's ability to smile and even affect the personal speech.

Cosmetic Dentistry is one of the fastest growing trends in America and if done right, can enhance a person's life in a very dramatic way.

Cosmetic Dentist Long Beach

 
At 5/09/2013 01:53:00 AM, Blogger Kasandra said...

Aw, this was a very nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.
Cosmetic Dentistry Barnegat NJ

 
At 11/07/2013 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gentle Touch Dentistry offers great family dentistry care at affordable fees, and dental emergency care.find best Westchester Dentist

 

Post a Comment

<< Home