Day Cabbie

San Francisco taxi stories from one of the very rare female drivers

Coincidence

I was on my way to Ocean Beach to watch the moonset. A friendly-looking gray-haired guy was standing at a bus stop in the deep Richmond, and I pulled over. I knew right away that our paths had crossed before.

He was going to the VA hospital just a few blocks away.

"I am pretty sure I have met you or seen you before."

"Uhhh.." He didn't seem to recognize me.

"Do you work with the public?"

"No, but I used to own a café."

"Which one?"

"It was on Page and Octavia-"

"That's it!" I suddenly saw him standing behind the counter of that café with a friendly smile on his face. I recognized this image as a memory of mine. "I used to come in there all the time!"

"Ah. What a coincidence."

"I used to come in there for a bagel with sun-dried tomato cream cheese all the time." It is true.

"You're making me hungry for some coffee or tea."

When I dropped him off, I said "It was nice to see you again."

"It was nice to see you again too. Coincidence."

This was the second time he talked about a coincidence. But I knew that it wasn't a coincidence because earlier that morning I had been tired and cranky, and I had asked the universe to lead me to a better-feeling place. And after this encounter, I was feeling better.

4 Comments:

At 1/12/2009 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Skyring said...

Mmmmm. I have a favorite cafe. I just have to smile inside and they start making me a large skinny latte. Makes my night!

 
At 1/20/2009 10:54:00 PM, Blogger King of New York Hacks said...

Karma works in the most wonderful ways, always playing tricks with us, Great post.

 
At 2/21/2009 02:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn u and your amazing stories and also your favorite food

i now really want sundried tomato creamcheese on rice crackers

but i have neither :(

 
At 1/04/2015 09:25:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is the one of the best and informatic blogspot i ever seen.thanks for such a nice and unique content with many tips , ideas and guide to other traveler.Thanks again.

Taxi service Forest Park Ga

 

Post a Comment

<< Home